- Charles Max Wood
- Dave Kimura
- Eric Berry
- David Richards
Special Guests: Nathan Kontny
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panelists talk to Nathan Kontny about his video Should I use Ruby on Rails?
Nathan has been a Rails
developer since about 2005 when he created a startup and has since been making software and starting business. He has just recently been running the CRM Highrise
and is now onto more projects elsewhere. They talk about his prior experiences as a software developer, why he chose to use Rails when creating software, and much more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Nathan intro
Should I use Ruby on Rails? Video
- Engineer for Obama’s re-election campaign
- Created Draft
- Inkling using Rails
- Worked ad Y Combinator
- Chose Rails to create startups
- Lives are better when people feel like they’re being heard
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Why did you use Rails over something like Django?
- Looking into discussion boards and the libraries already created
- What made you think it would stay the hottest?
- Hosting was awful
- Using the hype of Rails to get good press for his startup
- When did you first feel confident in your decision to use Rails?
- Do you still use Rails or have you switched to something like Node?
- Still confident in his decision and loves it as a platform
- Using Rails for what it’s good for
- And much, much more!
Special Guest: Nathan Kontny.