- Charles Max Wood
- Brian Hogan
- Eric Berry
- Dave Kimura
- David Richards
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panel talk about their thoughts, gripe about things they don’t like, and discuss some new ideas. Some of the things they discuss include having a frozen version of your code, node modules, code dependencies, and more. They also touch on the fact that making shortcuts now means that you will have to pay for it later.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Having a frozen version of your code is a good idea
- Dependency problems
- Ruby gems
- Gem in a Box
- Node modules
- npm install
- Do you have to manually add all the gems to the gem in a box?
- You don’t ever save time, you just shift time
- Do the hard work up front that you can
- Stages of a system
- Hello World
- The future of building more complex languages and frameworks
- Trial and error
- Sometimes sad when writing code
- There isn’t a lot of empathy in the programming world
- Fullstack developer image
- And much, much more!