GraphQL is a flexible, strongly-typed query language. It's useful because it gives front-end developers the ability to query the database without many changes to the back-end. In this episode, David Sanchez explains how to design and build GraphQL APIs in Rails.
In this Episode…
- What is GraphQL and how do you get started with it?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of GraphQL?
- What is REST and how do you integrate in your workflow?
- Common misconceptions with GraphQL
- What is GraphiQL and how does it differ from GraphQL?
- How to use max_depth in your queries.
Special Guest: David Sanchez.