Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Kevin Griffin
which helps programmers learn how to be smarter with handling their money. He first got into programming really young when his Dad brought home a computer and he was curious about it so he read books and taught himself basic programming that way. They talk about his first job out of college and how that has impacted him now, the fact that you have to create your own job security, and what kind of frameworks he uses. They also touch on the importance of exposing yourself to new technologies and being open-minded, what he is working on currently, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Helping programmers handle their money
- 2 Frugal Dudes Podcast
- Runs financial peace university at his church
- Mindset is everything
- How did you first get into programming?
- Got started really young when his Dad brought home a computer
- DOS for Dummies
- Taught himself very basic coding
- Really into text adventures as a child – wrote some of his own
- Taught Logo in Middle school
- Computer Science degree in college
- Got into software developer community because he was laid off from first job
- You have to build your own job security
- Doesn’t like to pigeon hole himself into one language
- C++ and C#
- Using jQuery, Knockout, Ember, and Backbone
- Working with Vue and React now
- The same problems persist now, just with different frameworks
- Looking at the project and then deciding which tool to use
- And much, much more!