Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Fred Zirdung
, where he essentially builds all of the tools and learning materials for the students there. He is also an instructor and has been there for five years. Prior to that, he worked for multiple companies such as Walmart Labs
and Ruby on Rails
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Fred intro
- How did you first get into programming?
- Coding professionally for 20+ years
- Coding prior to college graduation
- Logo programming language
- QNX operating system
- Were you always interested in programming?
- Always interested in computers
- Commodore 64
- Basic programming in high school
- Programming didn’t click for him until high school
- In college when the web became popular
- Computer engineering degree in college
- What was it that appealed to you about software over hardware?
- Software vs hardware
- Embedded systems software
- How did you get into web programming?
- Dolby Laboratories
- What technologies got you excited?
- Loved the flexibility of JS and Rails
- Found something he could be productive with
- What are you working on now?
- And much, much more!