Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Kyle Simpson
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Kyle intro
- You Don’t Know JS
- How did you first get into programming?
- Dad’s friend was a programmer
- Dad built computers
- Wrote games with QBasic and Turbo Pascal
- Some client projects in teen years
- Very much self-taught programmer
- CS degree in college
- First professional job at a biotech company
- Do you feel people need to get a CS degree these days?
- Grateful for his degree
- What engineering taught him
- Striving to understand why and how things work
- Don’t need a CS degree but you do need a certain mindset
- Valuable but not necessary
- Web Portal at his college
- What made you want to deepen your knowledge of JS?
- What are you working on now?
- And much, much more!
- Template Weeks
- Working Out