Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Johannes Schickling
and works a lot on Prisma
. He first got into programming when he started online gaming and would build websites for gaming competitions. He then started getting into creating websites, then single page apps, and has never looked back since. He also gives an origin story for GraphCool and the creation of Prisma.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Johannes intro
- How did you first get into programming?
- Always been interested in technology
- Creating single page apps
- The problem-solving aspect keeps people coming back to programming
- Always enjoyed math and physics
- Programmers make up such a diverse community
- Has used a wide range of front-end frameworks
- What drew you into doing single page apps?
- Like the long-term flexibility of single page apps
- Don’t have to worry about the back-end right off the bat
- Open source tooling
GraphCool origin story
- What are you working on now?
- And much, much more!