Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Tara Z. Manicsic
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Tara Z. Manicsic. Tara is a developer advocate for Progress
, is on their Kendo UI team, and is also a Google developer expert on the Web Technologies team. She first got into programming in the second grade when she learned Logo and came back to development when she was asked to do Crystal Reports
at Harvard Law School. They talk about how she found Women Who Code
, the importance of understanding open source software, having a support system, what is was about Node
that got her excited, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Tara intro
- Very excited and fascinated with the web
- Helped to start up React Round Up as a panelist
- Her experience as a developer
- Started out as a business school dropout
- How did you first get into programming?
- Learned Logo in the second grade
- Loved the ability to help people and create change
Crystal Reports at Harvard Law
- CS courses with tuition assistance
- Getting back into CS
- Being a non-traditional student
- Finding Women Who Code
- First job as a Node software engineer
- How did Women Who Code help you?
- Being familiar with open source software
- The importance of having support
- Seeing jobs for Ruby on Rails
- NG conf
- Her intro to the Angular community in person
- And much, much more!