Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Sam Julien
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Sam Julien. Sam’s course Upgrading Angular JS is a comprehensive video course to help people tackle the transition from Angular JS to Angular which was born out of his own pain and suffering from that process. He first got into programming when he was 8 or 9 and his robotics engineer uncle got him into old Mac computers and he would then hack around on them. They talk about what brought him back to programming, what made him want to specialize in Angular, and more!
In particular, We dive pretty deep on:
- Adventures in Angular Episode 186
Upgrading Angular JS course
Angular JS to Angular
- How did you first get into programming?
- Uncle gave him his old Mac computers
- Reverse engineering of computers
- Basic and ResEdit
- Taught himself HTML at 12 years old
- HTML was the thing that allowed him to actually create things
- What was it like when you were first developing things?
- Degree in Religion
- What brought you back to programming?
- Worked for a brokerage originally
- Started mostly with C# and jQuery and then moved on to Angular
- What was it about Angular made you want to specialize in it?
- Fascinated by Angular and took the Code School course on it
- Loved how straightforward Angular was
- Making the most of the opportunities you’re given
- The welcoming aspect of the Angular community
- Are there contributions to the community that you are really proud of?
- Writing for Scotch.io and Telerik
- Runs Angular Portland groups
- Talking at Angular Denver and AngularMix
- What made you want to make your course?
- And much, much more!