Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Yakov Fain
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Yakov Fain
about his business adventures, his publications, Angular, and much more! Yakov is a co-author of two editions of Mannin’s book “Angular Development with TypeScript” as well as a number of other technical books on programming. Yakov works at the IT consultancy Farata Systems. A Java Champion, he has taught multiple classes and workshops on the web and Java-related technologies, presented at international conferences, and published more than a thousand blog posts. Yakov lives in New York City.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Episode 185 – past episode with Yakov Fain
- How did you get into programming?
- Yakov was born in Ukraine, went to Russia for studies, back to Ukraine, and then to U.S. in the 90’s.
- Yakov continues to work in programming now.
- Yakov worked as an independent contractor for a while.
- In 2006, that changed for him.
- Yakov has authored a few books – check them out in Amazon!
- Yakov trains enterprises and private clients.
- Typical class is full of Java developers.
- Angular team wanted to capitalize on the same name.
- What have you done in Angular?
- What are you working on now?
- Among other projects.
RubyHack – Charles wants to use his talk (that he was going to use at RubyHack) into an hour video.
- Audio Book
- If you are interested in a potential job opening – contact Charles about available positions.