Panel: Charles Max Wood
Guest: Paul Spears
This week on My Angular Story, Charles speaks with Paul Spears. Paul works for Oasis Digital
, which is a software development firm based out of St. Louis, and teaches at Angular Boot Camp
. He first got his career started at Oasis Digital and has been there for around the past 8 years. He first got into programming in early high school/late middle school when he and his Dad would build computers out of scraps they found. This really sparked his interest in computers and led him to pursue software development as a career. They also talk about what he is working on now and what he is most proud of contributing to the community.
In particular, We dive pretty deep on:
- Paul intro
- How did you first get into programming?
- Built computers with his Dad
- First computer science class in high school
- C++ in high school
- Computer science degree in college
- What was it that drew you into programming?
- Loves logic puzzles
- Likes being able to automate issues and problems with software
- How did you wind up at Oasis Digital?
- What is your approach to bringing people on to get a job?
- Put emphasis on finding people who are interested in “solving the puzzles”
- Learning the actual API is not the main goal
- Get a Coder Job Course
- Hiring outside the CS degree
- What are you most proud of contributing to the community?
- Project work
- Creating curriculum
- What are you working on now?
- Loves that he can keep continuing to learn new things about Angular
- And much, much more!