Special Guest: Michael Fey
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel talk about 1Password with Michael Fey. Michael is the team lead for the Apple team at 1Password
. 1Password is a password manager that helps to keep people safe online by allowing people to store all their passwords and credit card information in it and it keeps it all safe behind one password that you know, your master password. They talk about why someone would use 1Password, iOS 12, how the data is stored in the app, home pod integration, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Michael intro
- Been working with 1Password for 5 years
- Unique product that everyone needs
- 1Password increases your security
- Works with Have I been pwned?
- People are as secure online as they think they are
- What’s it like developing for 1Password?
- Were you surprised by Apple’s iOS 12 password announcement
- UI of apps is slowly disappearing
- Home Pod integration
- How do you integrate the new password management
- How is 1Password data stored?
- How do you store data securely?
- Is storing data in the keychain enough?
- How do you keep from getting p0wned?
- What is unique about working for 1Password
- How did the change to a subscription model go?
- Can I still by a standalone license?
- And much, much more!